Monday, April 3, 2017

Game Hack - At Sword's Point

The Explorers Society, named after my favorite secret society, is a fan-created resource for additional 7th Sea Second Edition content above and beyond the official books. Mark Diaz Truman asked me to create some content to help the website launch, so I pitched a short PDF that offered two things missing out of the book. That PDF became At Sword's Point, which is available now.

  • A lot of swordsman school didn't make the cut (sorry) and the feeling I got from the design team was that anything that was going to be converted from the earlier edition officially was going to be in the core book or nations books. Until the nation books come out with any official versions of the old sword schools, these conversions should do.
  • Some folks want there to be a difference between weapons, so I worked up short, quick rules for those too. That way, even people not interested in more dueling school might still want to check out the PDF.
Most of these schools were pulled from the original The Swordsman Guild book, which compiled the schools from the nation books and added more. It's one of the rarest of 7th Sea books and had commanded insane prices on the secondary market. I converted the school that were sword or blade based and omitted any schools that reflected the "weapon specialty school bloat of the sourcebooks.

If this product does well, I might consider doing a follow up that contains those other old schools, like the musket school and the boar spear school and so on. Part of why I agreed to do the project was an experiment to see how long it would take this project to earn out what I would have made on it as a flat fee. So please pick up a copy and leave a review!

No comments:

Post a Comment